One Excited Mermaid Mama

Been crazy busy prepping for Mermaids and Mamas this week! The girls and I are all soooooo excited! We prepped the projects (of course, I’m sure I’ll think of something else I want to do between now and 9am Saturday morning), we’ve planned the menu, and our final shopping will take place tomorrow. DH has graciously offered to be our main Mer-man cook and bottle washer (no, you’re right, I didn’t really give him a choice, but he did truly volunteer to cook burgers and hotdogs on the grill Saturday night instead of us going pizza delivery!). Here’s a couple sneak peeks of some of the projects we’ll be doing. Above, pendants and hair clips. For the pendants I changed up the recipe for Aimee’s collage pendants, and for the hair clips, I just played around with silk flowers, ribbon and metal clips. Below, something to put all their treasures in, of course! I’ll have lots of pictures and hopefully a few videos for you next week. We’re having a good old-fashioned dress up party with dancing music Saturday night!


6 comments:

lori vliegen said...

this looks like tons of fun.....crafts AND burgers?!! i love the projects you have in store for the mermaids, and the little box to take it all home in is fabulous, too! enjoy! xox, :))

Gina Lee Kim said...

Wow, are you having a back-2-back creativity session with Carmen's retreat, plus your Mermaid venue? You're amazing! Good luck with everything. Have a lovely, wonderful weekend! You rock!
~hugs

aimee said...

wish i could come... my older daughter would love this class! can't wait to see how the pendants turn out!

aimee said...

...and i may have to borrow your changed recipe for myself -- i love the flowers!

Robin Norgren, M.A, R-YT, Spiritual Director said...

Oh my gosh - HAVE SO MUCH FUN!!!!

Becky Shander said...

These colorful flowers are so happy-looking. Enjoy your party.