Best Shot Monday: Meet Charleston!

Blacky_A902164

I got a little shelter time in early Friday morning before I had to head to the state Music Symposium. As I've been easing into my new role, I've been lucky that two of the state events this year just so happen to be in Jacksonville, so I can sleep in my own bed! I sure am missing my regular time at the shelter though. I'm trying to slowly wean myself away so I won't have such a shock when we move this summer, but it's so hard to stay away!

Meet Charleston. Doesn't he look rather distinguished with his salt and pepper face? Shelter staff think he's about four years old. He's very friendly and loves hanging out in playgroup with his shelter pals. Charleston is also available for a sleepover. Yes, you heard that right! A sleepover! The shelter uses sleepovers to allow a potential adopter to see how a new furry friend will do in a potential new home with other animals. Sleepovers are also a great way for the shelter staff to learn how a particular animal may behave outside the shelter. I think it's a great program that has the potential to increase adoption rates even more!

Check out Charleston and all the wonderful animals available for adoption at Jacksonville's Animal Care and Protective Services. They are located at 2020 Forest Street in the Riverside area of Jacksonville.  Visit their website here and their Facebook page here (you'll see lots of my photos on both!)  

No comments: