Best Shot Monday: Commander Rex and Peanut

Good Lordy, Happy New Year! I can't believe it's been six months since I've checked in here! My brain has been pretty scattered for a bit with everything I'm juggling.  I'm hoping the new year will help me reset! Trying to get back into the swing of things with a regular schedule. We'll see how I do! 

Commander Rex_A194415

I've still been volunteering at the shelter as a photographer, so at least that's been my constant!  I had the pleasure of meeting these two week before last. Commander Rex, above, and Peanut, below, came into the shelter together as owner surrenders when their owner lost his home and chose to bring them in. This happens more than people may realize, and it's so important to remember that shelter pets end up in the shelter for so many reasons. The shelter is not just full of stray animals.  These two are amazing, and thankfully they both got adopted quickly and will do fine in separate homes, but sometimes it takes a bit longer, particularly for older dogs like these two. There are so many amazing animals in your local shelter. Please considering adopting! And if you can't adopt, there are so many ways to help ... volunteer, foster, donate, help educate! 

Peanut_A160540

No comments: