Natural Historie's Natural Beauties

Since I’ve been playing around with mixed media and collage, I’ve been fascinated with everything paper. I stumbled across Natural Historie’s shop somewhere and loved her illustrations done on paper. Such a lovely feel them, don’t you think? I checked out her blog and saw the artist’s name is Livy! My Livvie is named after my great Aunt Livy. All three are short for Olivia. This Livy is a student of Art History and History at the University of California-Los Angeles. From her profile, “Etsy is a wonderful way for me to keep sketching, painting, and creating. The paper goods here at Natural Historie feature my original artwork, drawn and painted the old fashioned way, by hand. Using Photoshop I alter, compile and design using scans of my artwork, arriving at a product that is truly unique. I keep my art prints simple - understated sketches and drawings on richly textured watercolor paper.” Check out her work here and her blog here. Show her some Happy Shack love!

Like this post? Click here to sign up for free weekly email reminders. Click here for the Happy Shack Designs website.

No comments: