Behind the Camera: Picture This.....

Okay, so I didn't have my camera ready last night when I could have caught a great shot, so I'll just have to set the scene for you. I've been off most of this week and have been incredibly lazy, lovin' this great weather. Last night after I put the girls to bed, my hubby went to bed and I drew a great bubble bath to settle in and read my book club book, The Other Boleyn Girl, by Phillipa Gregory. Great book, but over 500 pages! I'm on page 146 and our next book club meeting is Wednesday! It's a historical fiction about the court of Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn's sister, Mary. Oh well.... Book club gathering will be fun anyway!

After my bath, when I came upstairs to check on the girls and turn off the night light, I found Sarah sitting at my desk like a little marathon-running, bell-ringing, pencil- sharpening accountant. She had gotten into my top desk drawer. She found my Alaska Midnight Sun Marathon medal and put it around her neck, pulled out my calculator and was punching in numbers, had one pencil tucked behind her ear, the rest of the pens and pencils sitting in a nice neat pile, and my husband's two antique bells sitting at the ready (which explained the bell sound I kept hearing while I was in the tub. I kept thinking it was the bell out on the dock, but couldn't fathom why it was ringing when there seemed to be very little wind :-). Bunny and Sister Bunny were sitting at the edge of the desk watching her. You'll see Bunny in most pictures of Sarah. She rarely goes anywhere without her. See my March 2 Personality Plus post. The girls will be 4 in July.

My camera was sitting in its case on the desk....

No comments: