The Healing Lick of a Dog

I found two treasures in my email this morning. The first was this picture. This is Daisy, of the St. Marys, Pennsylvania, Animal Welfare Foster Program. She was looking for a student to comfort on the Virginia Tech campus Friday, where a number of dogs were on hand to play and visit with students traumatized by Monday's tradegy. The photo was taken by Evan Vucci.

Then I stumbled across this quote on the about me page of an ebay seller a friend of mine sent me: "I believe that dogs and cats are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." That quote is perfect for Daisy and her friends, isn't it? Here's this ebay seller's link. She has some pretty cool bracelets!

Like this post? Click here to sign up for free weekly email reminders.

No comments: