Behind the Camera: Milestones...

We finally got our 4th-birthday-party pictures developed so here’s a few for you. I actually even got a picture of the DH with the girls! It’s VERY rare he lets me take his picture!

The girls start voluntary pre-K Monday. We went to the open house at the school Thursday night to meet with their teacher and see their classroom. Though all it really is to them is a change of classroom and teacher because they’ve been at this school since they were six months old, Livvie in particular is having some trouble adjusting. Their current teachers, Ms. Belinda and Ms. Barbara, have been working on preparing all the kids for the change for about two weeks. I’ve been talking with the girls about it at home for about a week or so. Sarah has been a wonderful “big” sister (by a whopping 3 minutes). Any time Livvie starts to get upset about the move, Sarah tells her, “It’s okay, Liv, there’s nothing to be scared of! I’ll be with you!” One morning last week, I was getting them dressed for school when, all of the sudden, Livvie’s little faced scrunched up and she starting crying. When I asked her what was wrong, she said, “I’m going to miss Ms. Belinda!” Then Sarah reached over and gave her a hug and told her everything was going to be okay.


We went through this last year at this time as well, when they were preparing to move into their 3-year-old class. The kicker there was they had to be potty trained, and Livvie wasn’t quite there yet. We went through weeks and weeks of night terrors last year, and I can only imagine that Livvie was dreaming about that big potty chasing her. :-) Not much sleep last summer! I walked around looking like a zombie for a couple months, but once we got her potty trained and started in her new class, she was fine after a day or two. We've had some middle of the night trials this year as well, but at least no terrors. She's woken up a few times and wanted to climb in bed with us, but I'm able to get her right back to bed. Of course, then I have a hard time going back to sleep....


And I’m sure she’ll be fine, they’ll both be fine, with this new change too. It’s always harder for Mommy, isn’t it? You Mommies out there know what I mean. I’m sure there will be some tears from all three of us, but the difference will be that Sarah’s and Livvie’s tears will be dry by the time I pull out of the parking lot; mine will probably linger a little while!

Random thoughts: my goal for tomorrow is to get back to the work bench and then take some pictures! I'll do my best! This summer has been tough! By the time we get the girls to bed between 8-8:30pm, I'm worn out and ready for bed myself!

Like this post? Click here to sign up for free weekly email reminders.

No comments: