When You Can't Paint, Shoot!

I'll readily admit to never being very talented with a paintbrush (though, of course, that won't stop me from trying as evidenced by the collection of painted birdhouses that peek out from the greenery on top of my kitchen cabinets...yep, painted every one of them), but I've always been pretty good with a camera. So if you take a nice picture and then play around with it in Adobe Photoshop, you can get some pretty fun results. I took this photo of some wild azaleas while I was on my little excusion in Havana a few weeks back and turned it into a "painting" using Photoshop. This could be addicting. Click on the picture to enlarge for the full effect.

Like this post? Click here to sign up for free weekly email reminders. Click here for the Happy Shack Designs website.

3 comments:

Carmen said...

Beautiful color!!!

Leah said...

lovely pic!! the color is fabulous.

Anonymous said...

You did a great job capturing the beauty of those azaleas, but where's a picture of all those birdhouses? Like yourself, I'm no artist, but it's fun to take a stab at it at times.