Fat Book Entry #3: Driven

Well, I think I may be showing my rebel side with this one….not that this is a very rebel-looking piece, but rather that I may be stretching the theme a bit farther than it was designed. “Driven”. I think Carmen suggested this theme, and she probably meant a woman who was “driven” to do something, like “driven to succeed” or “driven to create” or “driven to lose twenty pounds". Well, the one thing that kept popping in my mind was the film Driving Miss Daisy. Daisy was certainly “driven”, wasn’t she? She was “driven” around by Hoke, literally! But the more I thought about it, the more I felt Daisy was appropriate for this entry. Yes, she was driven around town by an old black man who became her best friend. But she was also figuratively driven to live her life, driven to carry on after the death of her husband, and driven to develop a close friendship with her black driver, despite the racial barriers of her time. She was driven to do all this with a dignity and grace that stands the test of time. You go, Daisy! I’ll have entry #4, Retro, for you later this week…

Like this post? Click here to sign up for free weekly email reminders. Click here for the Happy Shack Designs website! My Summer Sale has begun!

5 comments:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

I have to tell you, Miss. Daisy was my first choice, too! But, I gave in to another urge....

Love the page!


Mine are done! Yahoo!

*pal said...

I love it! DMD is one of my favorite movies, ever; and you are correct in that Miss Daisy was "driven" in the figurative sense.

Carmen said...

LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cat (darklingwoods) said...

its wonderful :)

Cat (darklingwoods) said...

its wonderful!