400 and Counting...

I’ve been stalling on this post, haven’t I? You see, this is my 400th post, and I feel like I should have something profound to say, yet I can’t think of anything too profound! I’ve written about my jewelry and art creations, great art finds I’ve stumbled across, wonderful artisans I’ve met through Etsy, moments that grab me, crazy things my children do and say, photos I’ve taken (this was our sunset last night…sometimes even Photoshop can’t improve on Mother Nature) and life in general, and I’ve finally started a category over there in the right column called “My Favorite Posts” to point you to my all-time favorites, whether they be particularly moving or particularly funny. I’ve been thinking about this whole blogging experience, and though maybe not profound, the word that keeps coming to mind is “connections”. Sure, internet connections in the true techy sense is obvious, huh, and there are certainly times I get really cranky with Comcast because those connections are acting up: “What do you mean you CAN’T FIND A CONNECTION?! I HAVE to have a connection! I have something profound to say and it’s going to slip out of my brain if I can blog it immediately!”, yet talking to my computer never seems to help. :-) I’m talking more about the connections I’ve made with other bloggers and blog readers since writing this little blog of mine. That’s been a bit astounding at times. I have that little counter down near the bottom of my right column, and it has logged more than 20,000 visits to this little blog! Of course, that could be the same 10 of you coming back several times a day, but I hope not. My Statcounter account tells me I’ve had regular visitors from all over the world! That’s the coolest thing about the internet and about blogging in general. It’s truly a community of connections. I’ve made friends through blogging I didn’t know before this little blog, and through their blogs, I’ve come to know them as I hope they’ve come to know me. And through participating in group blogs like Creative Construction and internet groups like my FatBook gang, North Florida Craft Revolution group and others, I’ve gained a cohort of friends who I can learn from and gain encouragement from and hope I’m able to offer them something in return. So thank you, dear blog friends and readers. I appreciate you stopping in. Hope you’ll continue to stay a while and share your thoughts with me every now and then.

6 comments:

Karen Faulkner said...

Congratulations Kelly! I'm happy to be one of the bloggers who has gotten to know you through the internet. Not sure but I think I came here initially for the Free Bling?! As it turns out we share more than shops on Etsy. Wishing you continued success and happy blogging.
Great picture!

Regina said...

Me-O-My! What GORGEOUS images you've posted for this 400th post.
Congratulations. xo

Carmen said...

Congrats on 400 posts! Love, love, love these shots!!!


Namasté,

Carmen

cath c said...

i concur: it has been wonderful to meet such an enthusiastic and creative friend, though we've never met in person.

and that sunset must have been even more divine to experience first hand!

i hinestly don't know how you do as much as you do: creatively, life, twins, work, weekend art shows, football games, student overseer, etc. any one of your endeavors would have me saying, whoa, nelly!

Unknown said...

I'll stick around so long as I can enjoy those sunsets vicariously.:-)

Your blog and posts on creative construction are so inspiring--your happiness just bubbles over and spreads to everyone who encounters it.

I look forward to 400 more!

Fannie said...

Congrats of your 400th post, Kelly! Bravo!

Blogging has been a gift to me, too, as I've found friends, just like you, who offer encouragement to help me fly.

I wish you continued success, friendships and surprises. Thanks for your friendship.