So You’ll Know I’m Not Slacking…

My house is a construction zone! I’ve so wanted to get back down to my workshop and get busy on some new work, but we are STILL painting.

We are on to the biggest room of the house now. This room includes the great room, dining room, kitchen and open areas upstairs, so it’s a huge job. This is what I’m living in. The color is a little off here. Those of you who know me well know that, being a ‘Nole, orange is the last color I’d paint my house. This is a really pretty light terra cotta; it’s official name is “Terra Earth”.

Click on the photos to enlarge to get the true feel of the fact that the disruption has not stopped the girls from playing; their toys are mixed in everywhere, and I think they are truly enjoying playing amongst this fun new jumbled furniture arrangement. Most of this furniture will be finding a new house as I've splurged on a gorgeous new Pottery Barn sectional in a neutral stone color. I'm still deciding between keeping the cranberry chairs and losing the plaid chair, or recovering the plaid chair in a fun fabric and losing the cranberry chairs.

This wall above the kitchen is our biggest challenge. As you can see, it STARTS nine feet above the floor and rises up to 22 feet. It will most likely be the last part we tackle since we'll have to get some scaffolding in here. We hope to have at least the main living area done by the end of the weekend so we can get the current furniture back in place until the new pieces arrive. Wanna come help?

8 comments:

Karen Faulkner said...

You have a beautiful home, Kelly, and I love your bold color choices!

Cat (darklingwoods) said...

Beautiful home and the colors are cheerful and so you!

eyes walls....

OMB said...

You have a gorgeous home and a huge job ahead of you. You must show us pictures when you're done!!!
Good luck!

Unknown said...

You need to come commisserate with me on my blog. We're riffing on the same theme. :-P

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the finished project! It will be beautiful - but . . . MY DH says it looks orange to him. You've gotta be a closet Gator! hahahahah

Good luck on getting that big wall done.

@%*&! Nancy

Angela said...

Kelly, the color you chose is beautiful~ looking good! how many more rooms do you have left? I think you and DH need to spend the weekend at a spa after all that rolling! Hope all is well with you and yours! :)

cath c said...

beautiful new color, tho i am partial to the old, as i just painted my kitchen-family room robin's egg over the summer.

Anonymous said...

Your creations are so inspiring!One World One Heart Giveaway on my blog.Happy Creating!