Special Sisters...

I was outside staining some photo boxes yesterday afternoon and walked backed in to find Sarah at her art bench creating this picture for Olivia. She said, “Shhh, Mommy, it’s a secret! I have to finish before Livvie comes back downstairs!” I thought it was so incredibly sweet. People often ask me about the relationship between my girls…if having twins really is different from different age siblings. I can answer with a resounding yes. Certainly my girls have their moments when they fight and argue just like other siblings do, but the bond that I see between them is truly special. If Sarah wakes up before Livvie, she’ll sit quietly downstairs and ask me every five minutes, “Mama, when is Livvie going to get up?” Livvie will do the same if she’s up first. Rarely will they let us separate them. If I head to the grocery while DH heads to Home Depot, they either both go with Mama or both go with Daddy; there’s no splitting up! They come as a team. We now have this huge Pottery Barn sectional in our great room, yet whenever they sit on it to watch cartoons, they are stuck like glue in one corner, side by side, shoulders touching. I’m wondering if this will change when they get older, but I sure hope not.

As for me, I got a call from my own sibling this weekend, my sister Kim. I’m going to be an aunt! Kim and Rob got married in October and are now expecting. When she told me she didn’t expect it to happen this quickly, I asked her, “Well, you know how that happens right?” ;-)

6 comments:

Martha Lever said...

Awww..this is so sweet and also your comment about the rainbow row cross stitch. THat is so weet!

cath c said...

makes me wish even more that i had a sister...wonderful to witness the twin bond in your your own kids!

best wishes, auntie! that is great news. i was so excited when my big brother was having my niece, who is now heading to her junior year in college. i'm old. prayers for a healthy pregnancy!

Cristi Baxter Clothier said...

Congrats Aunt Kelly! And many congrats to your sister and her DH!

OMB said...

The love between sisters is so sweet!!! Congrats to you and your family on the upcoming new addition :O)

Unknown said...

Aw, that is so cute!! My girls fight all the time. I hate it. I try pretty darned hard to make them playmates, but they are both pretty resistant. I hope they grow out of it!!

Congrats, you soon-to-be auntie!!

Anonymous said...

The bond between sisters - regardless of their age - is special. You already know that! Congrats to all on the expected addition. Being an Aunt is wonderful. I cried when my own baby sister had her 1st baby. You'll love it Aunt Kelly

#$% Nancy