You Always Have to Come Home, Don't You?

Oh my, is it tough getting back in the groove after a vacation! All that unpacking, laundry, lingering over all the shells you collected, catching up on 187 emails…sheesh. We had a great trip. This was fun for me in that I was very familiar with the area and DH had never been there. St. George is just a hop and a skip due south of Tallahassee, home of my Florida State Seminoles, and as a sweet young college girl, I made many a trip down there. Ah, the memories! And I think the ones I don’t remember are probably even better. ;-) Even now, I still love to wander down there to that forgotten coast whenever I get a chance. My series of rusty old car pictures were taken on the road that leads to the coast. So it was definitely a little different experience sharing it with my family. We enjoyed leisurely days on the beach, golf cart rides around the island, a charter fishing/sight-seeing trip, and half a day of poking around the fun shops and antique stores in Apalachicola.

Here's just one of the pictures I took. These pretty little flowers grow in the beach scrub. We have them growing along our back fence in yellow, but theses orangy-pink ones are really pretty, don’t you think? More later!

5 comments:

e.beck.artist said...

welcome home!

julie king said...

delightful flower photo! it sounds like a wonderful vacation. i'm visiting you for the first time from lori's blog!

Cristi Baxter Clothier said...

Welcome back! Glad you guys had a good vacation.

cath c said...

lovely flowers. like little fiery suns.

lori vliegen said...

your vacation sounds wonderful!! but, i know what you mean about taking forever to catch up when you get back home (almost like you need another vacation by the time you're done!). your photo is beautiful! :)