Still Spillin' It! with Carmen...

Playing a little catch up with Carmen’s online Spill It! class. I got around to doing my transfer lesson last weekend and haven’t posted it here yet! I have to admit after doing this, yes the process is pretty cool when you get it to work well, but no, I don’t think I’ll be doing a lot of transfers. I know myself and I don’t think I have the patience. This one still isn’t completely free of the paper that must be rubbed off. The picture is one I took of a 5th Avenue NYC building just across the street from the Metropolitan Museum. You can see the actual picture here (of course, I forgot to flip the image before I printed it out but luckily there was no text in the image so it really didn’t matter). I must have totally screwed up my other one, which is why I don’t feel the need to share it here. Either never got all the paper off or got too much paper off, not really sure! Needless to say, I’ll be collaging over that canvas board. On to the next lesson…this one is more basic collage like I’ve already been doing so I think I’ll do a little better. :-)

2 comments:

ELLIE said...

I find transfers a pain - at least for me - none of mine come out right - but I think yours looks terrific!have a great weekend!

Cari Byers said...

Never tried transfers but I do love this one. The colors are great.