Dreaming of Art and Dreams...

On the heels on Carmen’s Spill It! online workshop, I’ve started taking Susan Tuttle’s Visual Poetry workshop, in which I’m learning tips and tricks in Photoshop for altering my photographs. I’m about a week behind (as usual, aren’t I always behind?…though this time it’s been because I’m still having too much fun playing with Carmen’s workshop). Thankfully, the first week covered techniques I’m already pretty familiar with. Now I just know how to do on purpose the things I’ve stumbled across on accident! I took this photo about a month ago while on my trip to check out my dream property, diffused the light levels a little bit and added another layer. Click on the photo to really see all the pretty script. Pretty dreamy, huh?

Speaking of dreamy, remember those baby steps I told you about here? We are picking up steam! I’m working Carmen, my fellow dreamer for this first round, to create our first art retreat! Yippee! Carmen will handle the teaching while I handle the logistics. I plan and facilitate leadership retreats and conferences in my day job, so what better way to take what I can already do with my eyes closed and make it artful. Carmen and I are both so excited! I hope to have the website for the program up soon…the first official trip to the Purple Cottage…and Carmen’s program will be Art and Dreams with Carmen Torbus. For now, mark your calendars to take a fun little trip to North Florida April 9-11, 2009. Details to come! Yeah!

Update: We've had to move the date to May 21-23, but we are almost ready to release all the details! Yippee!

9 comments:

granmamimi said...

I am excited! Saw this refered to by Carmen on her site!
Look foreward to the classes!
Blessings,
MImi

cath c said...

yay and congrats to you and carmen. what a wonderful idea to put your heads and skill sets together!

lori vliegen said...

i can't wait to hear more details about the retreat!!! how fantastic to have something so creative in our neck of the woods!! yeeehaw!! thanks kelly! :))

Gina Lee Kim said...

Awesome doesn't cut it! A creative retreat sounds wonderful!

Carmen said...

So excited to work with you on this Kelly!!! 2010 is my personal year of Dreams and I can't wait to dig in. To get to share it with you and hosting a retreat all about Art and Dreams.... I'm OVER THE MOON!!!

It's going to be amazing.

Aimée Wheaton said...

OOH!!! I may just be able to make that! What part of FL?

Kelly Warren said...

Come play with us Aimee! It'll be in Northeast Florida, just north of Jacksonville.

Expressive Hart said...

So many exciting plans! Wish I could hop on a magic carpet for the retreat in April -- Carmen is fabulous. I've enjoyed her online Spill It class very much.

julie king said...

wow on the altered photo!! the script really is dreamy! you should add this to your shop!

oh how i would love to come to your art retreat!!! i need to either retire, get laid off or find a job with way more vacation leave!!!! hee hee