Angel on the Metro Revisited

I may have shared this picture with you before, but I thought it was appropriate for today's post. I took it down in Boca Grande in June of 2008, and I’ve always seen an angel’s halo in it. Do you see it?

I received the most interesting and wonderful comment over the weekend. If you’ve been reading my blog for a while, you may remember my “Angel on the Metro” post. It’s definitely one of my favorites. If you’ve never read it, go take a peek. If you have read it, read it again! It’s a wonderful story! :-) The comment I received was on that post (which is over a year old), and it read:

Kelly ~ I met Franklin Fung Chow yesterday - in San Francisco's Chinatown. We only shared a brief 'how are you and where are you from?' conversation before he took off in the opposite direction from where I (with a small group of people) were heading. It seems that Franklin Fung Chow is a friend of one of my friends, Leland Wong. A few of us were having lunch and spending some time with Leland yesterday, and he introduced us to several people, including Franklin Fung Chow. Franklin also gave me a calling card - the same one he gave to you that day. I didn't see gossamer wings under his jacket, but I did see the kind twinkle in his eyes. When I got home, I decided to 'Google' his name and came upon your blog. Thanks so much for sharing the story of your encounter. It just goes to show how special even the briefest encounters with 'strangers' can be, if your mind and heart are open to any kindnesses they have to offer.

Now how cool is that? I still think of Franklin often, and I still carry around those two special little envelopes in that little pouch in my purse. We’ve exchanged a few emails and he’s snail mailed me his “Chow Lines” newsletter a couple times. It truly is wonderful what angels you can come across if your mind and heart are open to them.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's so cool, kelly! Thanks for sharing!

Corinne said...

Thank you for this post, which I found via your FB post - the cloud image drew me to it- it is amazing, and just what I needed at this moment. Angels are all around us...if only we open our hearts , eyes and ears to them....blessings to you and your family :)) (how interesting! the word verification word for this post is 'medled'- I live in Medford, OR - I felt led to your post...angels indeed!)

Wyanne Thompson said...

Wow...what a great story and and even more incredible on on how you met him. I had missed that post. There are lots of angels with gifts around us, we just need to be more aware and open to receiving them.