A Verbal Peek at My Day

Pictures would just be too scary! In my "day job," I'm the Director of Student Life and Leadership Development at a very large state college here in Jacksonville. Fall classes start Monday. We started the day with a large concrete column rolling off a forklift and then up under one of my staff member's car. Small car, not small column. One messed up car. And now at this moment, there are more than 100 students in my Student Lounge lined up to get IDs because my ID machine is currently the only one on campus that works (I'm sure I'm probably breaking a fire code there), AND to make matters even more interesting, the construction crew on campus has broken a main water line, leaving the entire campus without water. What do you lose when you have no water? Yes! All the bathrooms on campus are currently locked, AND our air-conditioning system will soon be running out of water in the reserve tank. Florida...August...currently 95 degrees. And it's only 12:30! Yay! Don't you wish you were here!?!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Uh, yeah, I'm going to go with NOOOO, I do not wish I was there!! Oh man!! Good luck!

and I hope your sweet second graders are having a great time!! Man, I swear they were just going into kindergarten!! Fun keeping up with it all on your blog as the years pass (too quickly, unfortunately!)

cath c said...

oh my! i hope no one drank too much coffee this morning!!!

Cindy Woods said...

Well, it sounds like you still have your sense of humor intact! But yikes, it's looking like a loooong afternoon. Hang in there!

Becky Shander said...

It can be tough to keep cool (literally) during moments like these. I hope that your next days/weeks/months will go a lot smoother. Good luck!

Mail Art Dramas said...

sounds like things can only go up from Thursday's dooms day on campus. Hope all got worked out over the weekend. If I was in FL I'd buy you a drink...maybe two. wow, what a day!
jill

lori vliegen said...

well, the good news is that it's now friday......woo hoo!!! i hope that everything (water, bathrooms, columns, torn up cars) worked out yesterday! my daughter is on the staff at the comm college in tallahassee.....i KNOW she would feel your pain!!! have a great weekend, sweet gal.....you're due!! xoxox, :))

Esther said...

Oh boy! I hope you survived that horrible day and your weekend was much, much better!

ELLIE said...

WOW - talk about crazy - it is one of those days that you just say what the heck and grab a drink--lordy - maybe that is the only chaotic day you will see all year because so much happened on one day--take care~!~