A Glimpse of the Neighboorhood


I need to get better about keeping one of my “big girl” cameras in the car with me. I’ve been waiting for just the right day and time to capture a pretty shot of Brown’s Creek, and as I was coming back across the bridge from Walgreen’s yesterday afternoon, boom, there is was. Of course, I didn’t have my camera with me. So I pulled in the driveway, tossed the lights to DH and the girls who were waiting patiently for them on the porch (Christmas decorating, ya know), and then ran inside to grab my camera and run back down to the bridge. I could have literally run, mind you, since this is just 50 yards from my house, but it was too darn cold! (I am a true native Floridian, lived-here-all-my-life cold wimp.)

Anywho, got back down there just in time to catch this. Rather lovely, don’t you think? The little spots of light you see at the bottom of the marsh is the sun shining through the bridge railing. Just to the left of this frame is our neighborhood seafood dive, Chowder Ted’s, which I’ve mentioned here before. This scene makes for an extra nice “aahhh…” on my way home. Best Shot Monday for you today...

3 comments:

tami said...

Kelly, Love this shot!! I was driving over the Buckman this weekend and the sunset was absolutely the most gorgeous I've seen and I of course did NOT have my camera! So glad you were able to capture it!

Becca said...

Great capture Kelly, and Chowder Ted's sounds like my kind of place!

Carole said...

Hi Kelly! The morning and afternoon "lights" on the Creek have been even more beautiful these days! Thanks for the shout out...we are on Triple Chowder Duty this week!