Happy New Year and Project 365, 2012!

365 Days Project - Jan 1

Happy New Year! I hope you've had a wonderful holiday season and are looking forward to a happy, healthy new year ahead of you. This year, my main goal for my blog is to participate in the Project 365, 2012, sharing 365 new photos in 2012, though given 2012 is a leap year, that mean 366 photos! Now, I know my track record for daily projects is not very strong (stinks actually...), so I'm not going to guarantee a photo a day, but my goal is to share 366 new photos none-the-less. (I realize this may mean 10 photos in one day with my natural tendency to procrastinate epically, but what the hey, I'll give it a shot anyway...) I'll still be sharing snippets of daily craziness as well as various art, jewelry and artist book projects I'm working on, so, whew!, that means I may be posting more than once a day at times.

I'm starting the year with my five favorite shots of the holidays, and what better way to kick it off than Olivia running into the new year while chasing a flock of birds. I took this shot while my family was visiting for the holidays, and we took my nine-month-old niece Maxine on her very first trip to the beach. I'll have a very sweet shot of her and my sister later this week. So please keep me on track and shooting daily!

Wishing you the best in 2012!  View all my Project 365 posts here.

5 comments:

Gina Lee Kim said...

That's all I want...your daily craziness = authentic art.
Love the photo!

Happy New Year Kelly! May you have continued health & happiness, sharing the love of your family/friends & a passion for art.

circleinthesand said...

What an awesome photo!!! I just cannot believe those 'babies' are 8 years old now!!! They are growing so fast! Happy New Year to you and your sweet family!! I am looking forward to seeing more entries in your Project 365!!

aimee said...

off to a great start! i LOVE watching children chasing birds. my oldest is still 9 and still darts off when she sees one!

Miranda said...

Beautiful photo, Kelly -- I much look forward to watching your 366 unfold!

emily said...

This is a big project, I love how you are starting off with yours! Inspiring!