Best Shot Monday: A Thank You Flower for a Friend

Queen Anne

I captured this stately Queen Anne's Lace blossom in a field filled with hundreds of her sisters in Chickmauga. And today I want to send it out as a thank you to a friend. As I've been sharing our loss of our dear Aunt Livy, one of my readers has been keeping us in her prayers.  She is a volunteer for a wonderful organization called the Trauma Intervention Program, and she reached out to me with a very sweet email last week, thinking of me and my girls and the grief we've been working through. She sent me some incredibly helpful information with tips on helping children work through grief.  That info has helped me help my girls with our loss. TIP is a group of specially trained volunteers who provide emotional aid and practical support to victims of traumatic events and their families in the first few hours following a tragedy.

Little did I know that I'd be able to help someone else with that same information just a few days later.  When a good friend of mine texted me that she just learned that her father-in-law passed away, she reached out to me and another friend to let us know that she was on her way to pick up her five-year-old son and had to figure out how to tell him that his Grandpa died.  Immediately I emailed her the information that I received, and she, too, found it incredibly helpful.

So, thank you, Leeayn, for reaching out to me.  You were an angel just when we needed one, and you helped me help someone else.  Please check out Trauma Intervention Program's website.

1 comment:

Leeayn said...

Oh my!! I'm thrilled to be the recipient of one of your fabulous photos of such a beautiful flower! I am so sorry your friend went through her loss, but so happy the information I gave you could help her tell her son. TIP also thanks you for the shout-out.

Much love and hugs, Leeayn