The Documented Life Project: Weeks 42 and 43

Week 42-1

As we are getting close to the end of the year for the Documented Life Project 2014, I better start posting two weeks at a time to catch up! Here are week's 42 and 43.  Week 42's challenge was "stars." I used one of Roben-Marie's postcards as the tip in this week, and it just so happened to be stars, so I used her stars as the inspiration for my stars!

Week 42-2

Week 42-3

This week was all about knowledge dumps, as in sharing my knowledge of my roles at the college prior to my departure.  Commencement was the biggie.  Also had my dear friend Mauricio Garcia on campus that week doing a presentation for the students.  I always love Mo's talks!  We wrapped up the weekend with the girls having a friend over for a sleepover and me heading into the shelter Sunday morning for a photo shoot with the pups.

Week 43-1

Week 43's challenge was "sketch what you see right now."  I've always struggled with my drawing skills, so this was definitely a challenge for me, but I did, in fact, sketch what was right in front of me: my work bench, window and window sill, and what was outside my window. All those little "bottles" in the window sill are spray inks. (I have a ton of spray inks.) That "Happy Shack Designs" up at the top is actually a painted wooden sign my friend Gypsy made for me.

Week 43-2

On the inside spread, I used a poppy stencil and embellished with paint pens and a thick Sharpie marker.   This week's highlights included camping at Flamingo Lake for the weekend. We set up camp right next to Hailey G's grands and enjoyed a great weekend with friends.

Week 43-3

Each week, this journal has become harder and harder to work in and photograph due to its thickness!  Glad we only have a few weeks left!  I'm ready to get started in my new journal for 2015.  See all my Documented Life Project posts here, and check out the Art to the 5th blog and all things Documented Life Project and more here.   

Week 43-4

1 comment:

iHanna said...

Oh these are so so yummy Kelly. Makes me color happy!