Hello, there! Thanks for stopping in today! Continuing in sharing my 2017 Documented Life Project, September started out with a beautiful Labor Day weekend--this photo above is from our dock looking upriver...
...and then Hurricane Irma hit...while last year Hurricane Matthew left us a tree in our roof, this year Irma gave us nearly a foot of water on our ground floor, about six or seven docks in our backyard, our dock in shambles and damage once again to our roof. While we got the flood mess cleaned up within a week or so, the rest has taken a bit longer. The roofers actually just finished the roof this past week! And we've not even begun to work on the dock. We're hoping to be able to just repair what we have instead of completely rebuilding. We're lucky that we have any dock left! Most of our neighbors' docks were completely destroyed.
I love the ways the greens played off each other in this spread. On the right, that's just one magazine page that I tore apart and popped in there. Making things as easy as possible! You can click on the photo to see it larger in Flickr.
I started incorporating some of the pages I created in Pam Carriker's workshop this month. This "window" started out as transparency. Pam was using them to teach image transfers, but I actually liked using the transparency itself!
Clearly I struggle with faces. :-)
And these last two were actually one spread that I pulled out and used as two here. We were creating in a Strathmore mixed media journal, but I ended up pulling each page out and using them here in this journal, finding ways to incorporate both the front and back of each page. You'll see more in October's pages! The faces here were printed on tissue paper, so they just basically dissolve into the page. Very cool technique. Now if I can just get my printer to print on tissue paper correctly...
Thanks for stopping in again today! To see more of my 2017 Documented Life Project journal, click here. For 2016, click here; for 2015, click here; and for 2014, click here. Thanks to the ladies at Art to the 5th for originally creating the project!