Best Shot Monday: More Puppy Sweetness

Zimara-1

The Daily Dose of Awesomeness and I try to help out Tallahassee Big Dog Rescue with photos at least once a month or so. It's hard to work into our schedules at times because TBDR only does adoption booths every other Saturday. Throw in my work travel schedule and the girls busy marching band and social calendars, and it can be challenging! TBDR is a fully volunteer-run organization, and all their animals are in foster homes. They are a great bunch of people, and their founder DeeAnn Maxfield is a wonderful woman who helped us search for our Molly when she went missing a few weeks back.

Thankfully, we found a recent Saturday that worked. And we photographed a lot of puppies! Several of them got adopted that day, including this little cutie, Zimara. This is one of my favorite ways to photograph small dogs when my girls are helping me. We don't get the best background when we are volunteering with TBDR because their adoption booths are at PetSmart, so we have a little spot behind the store.  And, as you might guess, there have been many people who've said things like "Oh, you have to adopt that one! She matches your daughter's hair!" My girls have also started volunteering at the City of Tallahassee Animal Service Center with me, so they are working hard on earning their Bright Futures scholarship hours!  

No comments: