A Walk in the Garden Art Journal Spread - Day 39

39-a

Here's a closer look at Day 39 from my #100daysofuseitupkelly 100 Day Project. This spread started out as a hot mess. It just wasn't working for me. But that's the beauty in art journaling. Don't like it? Cover it up! In this case, I spread some white gesso around to cover up some of what I did but left some little bits peeking through and started over. I'm pretty happy with the final result, and then that quote jumped out at me from my stash, which is exactly what I needed to hear (read? see? ... you know what I mean!) Couple close ups below.

39-c

We've been working through these challenging times the best we can, taking it one day at a time. Being able to play in my studio more has definitely been a benefit of working from home. Though I find that my "working hours" are all over the place. I seem to be the most productive work wise at home in the mornings and late in the evenings. I'll usually take a break and head into my studio in the afternoon if I don't have any Zoom calls scheduled. Interestingly enough, I learned this week that I had the virus and was asymptomatic. A colleague I work closely with when I do go into the office tested posted and became ill, so I went in for the rapid antibody test since I had not had any symptoms and had not seen my colleague in two weeks. Sure enough, I had just a trace of the virus still active in my system and was chock full of the antibodies. I got my girls tested yesterday as well to ensure they were okay, and they were completely negative - no virus, no antibodies. Hoping the same for my husband; he's not experienced any symptoms yet either.  I'm so thankful I didn't experience any negative consequences of the virus, and I hope you are staying safe and healthy!

39-b

No comments: