Mermaid's Ball

I promised to get down to the work bench for some new pieces and some camera time, and I finally did it yesterday! It'll take me a week or two to get all my new pieces loaded on the website, but here's a sneak peek. Isn't this just yummy? I've had these large turquoise chunks for a while now and inspiration hit me when I came across these brass starfish. Glamour magazine (my vice) tells me that long chunky pendants will be in this fall, and this piece certainly fits the bill. The turquoise stone itself measures about 1 1/2" x 2", and the starfish is about the size of a silver dollar. I've brought out the gold flecks in the stone with the starfish and the gold-tone chain, and used smaller turquoise stones and lt. Colorado topaz Swarovski crystals for accents. Total length of the piece is 22" with another 3" worth of adjustment available in the clasp. All findings with the exception of the chain itself are either 14K gold-filled or 24K gold vermeil. I used very nice gold-plated brass chain to keep it affordable, but if you fall in the love with the piece and want it in 14K gold-fill, email me for a price. I'll have two available with the brass chain at $75.

Like this post? Click here to sign up for free weekly email reminders.

No comments: