Great Day for a Football Game

I traveled over to Tallahassee last night...got to eat some of my favorite Barnaby's Pizza (yes, I still prefer Barnaby's to the new Red Elephant, 1970's tavern decor, cobwebs on the chandeliers and all) and enjoyed a great FSU vs. Maryland game today. Great weekend for a college football game, so I must talk about my 'Noles for a minute tonight! Today was the last home game of the season, which has always been a favorite of mine. Some colleges recognize their seniors earlier in the season, but FSU has always saved that tradition for the final home game. I dated a football player in college, and I remember what that last home game meant to him, so I feel like I have a little insight into what those young men were thinking as they came out of that tunnel for the last time today, arm in arm with their families as they were introduced. It's really a very special moment.

Today was also the last home game for Chief Osceola John Haley, who's graduating in April. Quite a priviledge he's had for the past four years, and I'm sure he had some tears in his eyes as he and Renegade trotted off the field after planting the spear together for the last time. The Marching Chiefs also have a neat tradition. As they are wrapping up the final half time show, all the seniors take off their shoes and leave them on the field as they march off, literally and figuratively leaving their footprints on the field. Pretty cool, huh? All in all, a great day...the dancing letters were back in the 4th quarter end zone, the Glitter Boys were cruising the aisles, and the 'Noles came out with a win to close out the home season. Though I truly love my 'Noles, unfortunately I'm not holding out much hope as we travel to the Swamp to face the Gators next weekend, but I'll keep my fingers crossed. It wouldn't be the first time we've upset the Gators in the Swamp!

Lastly, I can't take credit for these awesome pictures, except of course for the one of that stunning bracelet, which you can find on the Happy Shack Designs website. :-) The game shots were taken by Abby Reynolds of the Tallahassee Democrat. See more great shots from today's game here! This site also has a good "Old School" gallery filled with old Florida State shots. DH is headed to the Jaguars game tomorrow so we both get our football fix this weekend!

Like this post? Click here to sign up for free weekly email reminders.

No comments: