The Trouble with my Restless Mind....

...is that I get bored way too easily. I've been getting more and more fascinated by collage work here lately. Recently, a friend and one of my dedicated blog readers (thanks, Cristi!) was looking for a new home for a large variety of collage supplies she was no longer using. She emailed me and asked if I knew anyone who might be interested, and never one to turn down a good deal on art supplies, no matter what they are for, I took the bait! So much fun stuff! Then, of course, it took me a while to get to it and get it all organized, so by that time, as I was going through everything, I kept saying to myself, "No, what was this for again?!?!" And my DH pointed out that taking advantage of this opportunity was such a great idea because, "Sure, Kelly, you just have so much free time on your hands! Why not add another project to your list?" The sarcasm was thicker than my favorite brownie batter. So I came up with an idea to incorporate collage into my jewelry, kinda sorta....I'll keep you guessing on that one until I finally get around to it. Ya know, 'cause I have so much free time on my hands to try out new projects.

I came across Linda Woods' collage art on Etsy and immediately liked the simplicity of it. I checked a couple of her websites and saw that she also wrote a book called Journal Revolution. Looked really interesting, so I had to order it. I've been a writer my entire life and have always kept a journal of sorts, but this concept of keeping an art journal is intriguing. Could be another project to add to my list. You know, 'cause like I said, I have so much free time on my hands. :-)

Like this post? Click here to sign up for free weekly email reminders.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for blogging about my art and my book! I really appreciate it and am so happy you like my art :)