Kelly Rae Roberts: Embracing the Possibility

I've started working a little more with paper, and I stumbled across mixed-media artist Kelly Rae Roberts first on Etsy. She creates whimsical pieces with inspiring and encouraging messages mixed in. When I went to Kelly Rae's website and read more about her, I learned we had a lot in common! Though she now lives in California, she grew up in Jacksonville and graduated from Florida State just like me. Then I discovered Cloth Paper Scissors magazine, and as luck would have it, the first issue I picked up included a feature story written by Kelly, the first in a series. It was titled "Embracing the Possibility and Your Creative Dreams" and was one of the most inspiring articles I've ever read. (I just ordered all the CPS back issues!) I think Kelly's article just caught me at the right time, at a time when I was a little bored with what I was doing and wanting to move off in different directions and try new things. I ordered Kelly's print you see here and have it hanging in my workshop for inspiration. It reads "She learned to cup possibility in her hands", and the color is even more vibrant in person. To me, that speaks of taking new chances; what do you think? Don't worry, jewelry fans, I'm not giving up my jewelry! Just adding more variety to my creative endeavors! Check out Kelly Rae Roberts' Etsy store, her website, and her blog for your own dose of her inspiration. And read more about Cloth Paper Scissors magazine here.

Like this post? Click here to sign up for free weekly email reminders. Click here for the Happy Shack Designs website.

4 comments:

SurfacetoAirMedia said...

Oh, how wonderful! Kelly and I were in the same class in high school. She has a beautiful soul. :)

Kelly Warren said...

very cool!

kelly rae said...

kelly,
thank you for this...means a lot to me. you are such a dear!
kelly

Anonymous said...

Wow the same happened to me, what with Paper cloth and scissors too.. I love that mag and Kelly too... Robin