Number One "What I Would Have..."

...loved to have for Christmas. Isn't this just beautiful? It speaks to me in so many ways. It represents the innocence of life, the wonderment of babyhood, the double joy of twin babyhood and so much more, including the girls' first birthday picture, here with me below. And it touched me even more when I learned the story behind it. This painting was done by Lauriann Wakefield, who like me, longed for a child, but had to go through many measures to have one. Lauri and her husband had hoped to adopt twins, which is what inspired this painting. The twins did not work out for her, but they did adopt a beautiful baby boy named Jack, and Lauri chronicles her journey and new life with Jack in her blog here. About this painting she said, "The little dresses show that twins are similar in so many ways, yet are different individuals, and they are beautifully different."

Not only do I live that sentiment daily, I am amazed, inspired, overjoyed, overwhelmed, and forever grateful for it daily....even on mornings like today when it was a struggle to get them dressed and out of the house and to school on time so Livvie could have her toast with Ms. Mary. "Gotta have toast with Ms. Mary, Mommy." Sometimes we get so caught up in the daily trappings and responsibilities of life that we overlook the tiny blessings. Livvie's tiny blessing is toast with Ms. Mary. Sarah's tiny blessing is Bunny's new twin sister Rosie. Mine is cherishing the moment I learned I was pregnant with them...on the anniversary of my mother's death. What are yours? I'd love for you to share them in the comments box below.

Lauri is also a very talented photographer, so be sure to take a look at her pictures both on her blog and in her Etsy store. We'll call this another Creative Every Day post for this week as well since I really like what Lauri's painting inspired me to think.

Like this post? Click here to sign up for free weekly email reminders. Click here for the Happy Shack Designs website.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi There, Your girls are gorgeous!Im finally blogging, so ill be around. Im also enjoying looking at your beautiful creations.
Robin

ELLIE said...

my blessings were my twins and then meeting someone who also had twins...what a life...beautiful rich and full - that is truly my blessing - thanks for sharing yours!!!
Peace--Ellie

Lauriann said...

Thank you so much for featuring my painting and for saying all those nice things. :) It made my day. And for having it as your number one pick. :)

I checked out your jewelry designs and they are lovely and beautiful.

May you have a wonderful weekend,

Lauri

Blooming Lily said...

You three are so cute!!