Nature's Glory...

Since the Lakeridge Winery Harvest Festival was really more about drinking wine and listening to music than about enjoying and purchasing art (I couldn’t blame them…the wine and the music was awesome!), I decided to give in to Mama guilt and pack up Saturday night to come home and spend Father’s Day with DH and the girls. My thanks to Ginger A. who saved the day Saturday for me! Driving home Saturday night, I was coming north on U.S. 301 when this cloud formation and the light streaming over the top just took my breath away. I pulled over several times in a 10-mile span trying to catch the best angle before I lost the light, and I think this the best shot I was able to take with my rinky-dink little old Fuji digital; unfortunately my good Nikon was sitting on my workbench at home! This picture doesn’t do the actual scene justice, but I hope it gives you a feel for what I saw. So beautiful. If we ever decide to give up our little paradise on the river, some acreage and a few horses in this part of the state would suit me just fine. Be sure to click on the picture to see the larger view.

Like this post? Click here to sign up for free weekly email reminders. Click here for the Happy Shack Designs website.

1 comment:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Kelly I am a sucker for beautiful landscapes! I too pull over, either to photograph or just 'take it in'...

Love the photo...

And, I am with you on mama guilt.. But, if you hadn't gone home, you would have missed the gorgeous view and the shot!