Fat Book Entry #4: Retro!

Well I’m once again showing my rebellious streak here. For our FatBook Entry #4, the theme was 50’s-70’s Retro. I was stuck for weeks. Then while I was driving over to Tallahassee one bright and sunny Friday morning to catch an FSU baseball game (during the semifinals last month…of course, we choked as usual as soon as we got to the College World Series, but I digress….), I was listening to my favorite radio station out of Valdosta when inspiration struck! That station has a great Friday Night Retro Radio Show…..um, but it's Retro 80’s. I hesitated for a minute and then thought, what the heck! It’s still Retro! The first thing that popped in my mind was the image of the Go Go's waterskiing. So here you have it! These little things have been so much fun to make (even though I’m making 11 of each one!). I can’t wait to see everyone else’s!

And for more creative inspiration, go over there and check out Creative Construction. We had several entries for last week’s creativity prompt, “Chinese restaurant”. You can see my first attempt at an ACEO there; I’m not a big fan of Asian art, but it didn’t come out half bad for a quick 15 minutes of playing around! I also have a post on there from my bad day last week that drummed up some great discussion in the comments; feel free to add yours here or there! I'm really enjoying getting to know this wonderful group of creative women. And no worries, my girlies and I are much better now! :-)

Like this post? Click here to sign up for free weekly email reminders. Click here for the Happy Shack Designs website! My Summer Sale is in progress!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice work Kelly!