Apron Anxiety? Really?

I don’t sew much. I can sew, but I don’t sew much. Though I must admit I’m a fabric junkie. I took a couple clothing construction classes in college and actually made a few cute dresses, and I made these pillows on my bed you see here. Nothing fancy. I've made some fun, funky purses too. I think it’s now the whole hassle of finding a place to set up my circa early 80's Singer and then another place to lay out, iron, cut and pin fabric. I hate to pin. I’m the world’s laziest pinner, which may make me the world’s laziest seamstress. Dare I call myself that? Probably not. Is sewstress a word? Oh, I see it now! It’s sew stress! Yes! That’s what you call it when you committed to participating in an apron swap with people who are probably far more advanced in their sewing and embellishing skills than you are!

I’m not sure what came over me when I jumped on to participate in this apron swap for Artful Journey, but baby, I’m in it now, so I’m finally getting started (um, it was supposed to be in the mail yesterday...). Below are the fabric and fun buttons I picked out. When I took this picture I really had no earthly idea what I was going to do, but I did grab a few yards of Wonder Under when I got this fabric, so I was hoping something would come to me. I also sprayed some Adirondack ink on the ready-made canvas apron I picked up at Hobby Lobby. I wonder if I committed a cardinal sin there, spraying Adirondack ink on it? Hmm…..we’ll see. Started working on it today. Hopefully, I’ll be able to show you my progress tomorrow!


5 comments:

Martha Lever said...

So far---darling!!!!

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Love the fabrics and embellishments!!!! Can't wait to see what you come up with!!!

chrissy said...

kelly...
i am going to an artful journey too and was sooooo relieved to see this post of yours.
i just started my apron yesterday too.
thanks for making me feel so not alone.
im going to be in kelly and mati's class.
how about you?
chrissy

www.chrissygardner.blogspot.com

Kelly Warren said...

Thanks everyone! Chrissy, I'm in DJ's class. Glad to see I'm not alone in my procrastination! :-) See you in a few weeks!

SecondChanceChicken said...

LOVE those buttons! If the apron is a mess, just cover it with the cool buttons!