Sketchbook Project Fun Journal: Days 6 and 7

Day 6

So as I had feared, the creating-a-journal-page-everyday plan has not been working out very well. However, not to fear! I am slowly but surely filling the book! I do a little bit here, little bit there….and I’ve completed 15 pages so far. I’ve taken the pressure off, and as trying to remember this is supposed to be fun!

Day 7

So here are pages six and seven. I teach on Tuesday nights, so that’s what the “school night” is. I actually really, really like this page. I think it might be my favorite so far. More to come! So a question for those of you that art journal. Do you do a page a day or is it more random? Do you have several journals going as once or just one? I think what’s working more for me is having a theme. As I think I’ve mentioned before, I’m not one to use a journal to record my thoughts so much, so that’s been the first block I’ve had to get past. Now I’m just trying to play around more with paint…just to do something creative that’s just for me. Though it definitely is giving me ideas of some other things I can do, so I guess it is served that purpose as well.

5 comments:

peggy gatto said...

nice pages!!!
Love the colors/design!!!

Mail Art Dramas said...

nice pages. I just finished a sketch book for art house co-op. I got the book in July...just finished. deadline is Jan 14th. seeing your post I'm thinking of starting another for myself. not sure I could do a page a day.
Happy New Year!
jill

Kerri said...

sometimes i forget the fun part- i'll start a project that's all about fun but then i am so committed to it, it ends up feeling like a chore.

your journal looks VERY cute and happy, kelly!

nanke's stuff said...

What a great spread! I can totally relate to things that should be fun sometimes ending up to feel like a chore. I don't journal everyday, but I often wish I would! nancy

Lis said...

I love these Kelly! I have to laugh though ... I signed up last August for The Sketchbook Project and when I got my journal I was all "oh, fun ... I can do 2 spreads a week and document the end of my year." Then it became "I'd better do 3 spreads if I want to finish ..." and finally "holy crap! I have to do a spread a day over the break to finish!" But like you, I tried to remember this was for me, for my pleasure.

Now, I wish I had seen your pages before finishing mine! Guess I need to start a new journal?

xo Lis