Missing Mom...Always

Miss you today, Mom, just like every other day. Can't believe it's been 11 years when it still seems like yesterday. It's hard, sometimes, to be a Mama when you simply can't find the right answer and your own Mama's not here to tell you what to do. But hopefully, with your gentle spirit guiding me, I'm making the right choices for my girls. They are thriving under your watchful gaze from above, and I tell them stories about you all the time. Through you, they believe in the power of God and Heaven above, and like you, they love to laugh. This is how I like to remember you. Laughing...  Seems fitting that I'm visiting Kim today, and we're together. She'll be a Mama soon, too, and will need your guidance just as I have.  Keep watching down on us, Mom. Love you always.

6 comments:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Such a beautiful post!
Hugs to you...

cath c said...

sniff. very sweet post, kelly and congrats, auntie!!

Unknown said...

Aw, very sweet and beautiful post!!

Anonymous said...

Such tender words, Kelly. Your mom shines through you, just like you shine through your girls.

She surrounds you all. And I know she is beaming with Love and Pride for the beautiful family she has.

Another coincidence between us: my sis is a Kim too. Why am I not surprised?!?!

Heather W. said...

So touching!

Kerri said...

big hug to you kelly- it's been 5 years for me and i, like you, still think of my mom every day. we are lucky girls to have had such great moms, huh?!