Best Shot Monday: My Home for the Week

Boca Grande Seashore

We arrived in Boca Grande Saturday afternoon, so this is the beach I am sitting on today. The water really is often that color here! I actually took this photo last year while we were here.  I sat my chair in the same spot on the beach all week, and captured various sea and sky scapes from that vantage point all week. Some were bright and clear like this one while some were dark and stormy. So far, we've had bright and sunny! We'll see what the rest of the week brings.

I've gone to Boca Grande almost every summer since I was 12 years old.  It's on Gasparilla Island, off southwest Florida's coast about halfway between Sarasota and Ft. Myers, and it's pure heaven. There are no chain stores here, no fast food restaurants; heck, there aren't even any stop lights!  The most popular mode of transportation on the island is golf cart. Benny and I got married here in the circa 1910 Lighthouse Methodist Church in 1995.  The church has expanded a bit now, but when we got married, they were still in the original 75 seat church!  This is truly a special place, and I'm blessed to now share it with another generation.

Have a best shot you want to share?  Post it in the comments!  Where did you get married?

No comments: