Best Shot Monday: Mason

Mason_A152873
This boy! Meet Mason! I've started shooting for the City of Tallahassee Animal Service Center here in Tallahassee. It's really good to be back in a shelter environment. I love shooting for Tallahassee Big Dog Rescue as well, and love that they pull dogs from the Tallahassee city shelter occasionally, but there's just something about the municipal shelter environment and mission that really tugs at my heart. These are the animals that need me the most, and Tallahassee seems to be doing a great job. The staff there is wonderful, and their volunteer coordinator, Grayson, is super helpful and friendly and really works to ensure her volunteers are successful and doing the type of work they love to do. Shout out to Grayson!

I met Mason on Friday afternoon. He's a big tank and a true "hunka' hunka' burnin' love." He needs some work on his leash manners, but it was clear from the get go that he loves, loves, loves his human friends. He just couldn't get close enough to me, as you can see from this picture. While some photographers would have edited out their foot in this shot, I chose not to. I think having my foot in there really tells part of Mason's story. It's like he's saying, "I loooovvvvveeeee you, human!! Can I get closer to you?!?!" (not to mention I can show you my favorite super cute plaid sneaks that go in and out of the wash in a breeze...)  It was right after this shot that Mason let out a giant sneeze on my camera lens, which took about 15 minutes to clean, but hey! We got a super smiley shot!  You can adopt Mason at the City of Tallahassee Animal Service Center at 1125 Easterwood Drive, right next to Tom Brown Park, in Tallahassee.

I hope those of you that were in Hurricane Hermine's path weathered the storm safely!  Much of Tallahassee was without power for several days (some neighborhoods over a week), but we are all back in business here after schools and colleges were close for three days in addition to the holiday weekend.  Made for an extra long Labor Day weekend! Thankfully, we were able to go home to Jacksonville where we had power! 

No comments: