Missing my Best Pal

20200830_201634

I've really been having a hard time getting back into the groove for about a month now, and I've realized it's primarily because I just plain miss my Spartacus Pete. It's been about a month since we lost him. He always hung out with me in my art studio, and it's a bit lonely there without him. This photo of him sitting smack dab in the middle of my jewelry bench is one of my favorites, and it now sits on the shelf above my workbench so he can keep an eye on me. ⁣ ⁣ 

We adopted a new kitty today. We met her last week, and she just got spayed this morning for pick up. Her name is June, and I'll share pictures later. It was a tough decision, and I'm not sure my and Sarah's hearts were quite ready yet, but we've been worried about Zoey. Prior to his death, she'd never been without him and she's been a little depressed. Since the girls are going back to school tomorrow, we decided it was time to find her a new pal. ⁣I know with all the craziness going on in the world, the loss of a pet may seem a small thing, but I think all the craziness going on in the world made it an even bigger thing for me. Pete left a paw size hole in my heart. I know my pet lover friends understand!

No comments: