Simplify

Simplify purple 
I've been feeling the pull to do simpler things lately. I think that comes with the overwhelm. I found this ombre strand of beads in several different color ways and wanted to do something simple with them. I haven't cut the chain yet as I haven't decided how long I want the finished pieces to be, but I'm thinking 18" or so. Your thoughts? I'll list them in my Etsy shop before the weekend is out.

I know this pull to simplify is coming from deep within. I've been sick for more than a month now, and I know that's partly due to the fact that I rarely slow down. I had a reemergence of shingles just after Christmas (proof positive that you don't have to been in your 60's to battle shingles...I had my first battle with it at 40). That weakens your immune system, so just as I was getting the shingles under control, I got hit with a nasty respiratory virus. Between the two, I've seen my doctor more in the month of January than I usually do all year! After a strong round of antibiotics that did nothing, we've determined the virus is just that, a virus I'm just going to have to wait out.

I don't get sick often, but good Lord, when I do, it's usually a doozy. And I'm learning that that is my body's way to telling me I need to slow down and simplify things a bit. Easier said than done for me, but I'm working on it! For a start, I took my doc's advice and stayed home from work today. We currently have three foster kittens, so they've been keeping me entertained. Today's the first day I've really let them have the run of downstairs, and they are doing quite a bit of investigating!

Click on photo for larger view.

No comments: