2018 Liberate Your Art Postcard Swap!

Denver postcard

I participated in Kat Sloma's Liberate Your Art Postcard swap again this year. It's always fun to receive something other that bills and junk mail in your mailbox. Click over to Kat's blog post here to see a wrap of the swap including the number of participants and countries from which cards were swapped. As for me, I couldn't resist sharing sweet Denver, so above is the postcard I shared.

LYA-4
The first card I received, above, is from Tammy in Georgia, a lovely landscape photo with one my favorite subjects: cows! We're doing a side swap as well so I'll share another one of her cards once I receive all my side swap cards!

LYA-6

Next I received the card above from Lynne in North Carolina, a beautiful landscape painting!

LYA-3

Next arrived this photo postcard above all the way from Louise in France. On the back of the card, she explained that these boats were meant to carry port wine along the Douro River in Portugal.

LYA-2

This card of a pretty painted tray arrived next, above. The artist did not include her name or location, but she did share a great quote: "Accept what is, let go of what was, have faith in what will be..."

LYA-1

This very fun mixed media postcard above arrived next, from Stephanie in Southwest Florida! I really love the vibrant colors in this one.

LYA-5

And the last card to arrive was the card our host Kat created, above. The message on the back says, "Creativity takes courage" ~ Henri Matisse, with a note that we all proved ourselves courageous by participating! I always enjoy this swap, looking forward to what will show up in my mailbox! You can check out Kat's blog here.


11 comments:

lifeneedsart said...

LOVE your card, Kelly! So true!
And you got some great ones in return.
Glad to meet you here at the swap!

Sea Dean - Paint a Masterpiece said...

Stopping by. That doggie has such a sweet heart shaped face. Whats not to love?

Mellowood Gallery said...

Hi Kelly - what great cards and your pup is so charming. The pose reminds me of how my dog used to look at me - good memories. I will enjoy having a card of him in my collection. My address is Val van der Poel Box355 Porthill, Idaho 83853. Looking forward to this side swap!

Michele Matucheski said...

I LOVE your card! Such a sweet face this one has! I'm a dog person, too. You got some great cards in return, too. Thanks for participating in LYA 2018! See you next year.

Sheila said...

Your card is just too sweet for words. Made me smile the minute I saw it. Awesome collection as well. You had a fabulous LYA. ;) See you in the next one! And on Instagram until then ;)

Sheila said...

OK, thought I left a comment... so who's blog did I comment on? LOL. I love your card Kelly, and your jewelry is fabulous! See you on Instagram, and in the next LYA swap! Happy creating to you :)

Unknown said...

The colorful card without a name is from Stephanie of http://sayitincolor.blogspot.com/

I love all the cards you received -- and also the sweet face you sent out!

Hope I get one of yours next year!

Ma' said...

It was a true pleasure to get one of your postcards... I hope to see you next year !

chasing the sun said...

I love the card you had made to show off Denver..What a precious face :-) What a beautiful assortment of cards you received! Happy swapping!

hula-la said...

Love your postcard... and you received a nice collection, too! I only know of one of mine received. If you have any extras, wanna do a side swap? Aloha!

Cathy H. said...

Denver is very sweet! You received some lovely cards! Hope to see you next year!