Aunt Livy's 91!

We took off for Chattanooga to visit Aunt Livy shortly after my last post, so it's been a while since I've checked in! (Then we came home to a lightning strike and lost all our electronics, but that's a whole other story...) We had a wonderful visit, and no matter what we do, it's always special to visit Aunt Livy. Here are a few peeks at our trip...
Sarah Livvie Maxine Rock City 1
 
My sister's daughter Maxine finally had her wheels this year! This was her first trip to Rock City. What a little cutie...and she even has a little strawberry blonde action going there!
  Kelly w buzzard
 
So there's this bird show at Rock City...and they needed a willing volunteer...who had to wear an entertaining apron that had a dead possum sewed to the front...all so a vulture could land on her arm...several times as he flew back and forth above the audience. His name was Casey. We became great friends. He had a 5' foot wing span. Did I tell you he sat on my arm? Several times? A vulture with a 5' foot wing span? Yeah.
 
Screech owl 72
Here's Casey's friend...a little screech owl rescued off the side of the road. He was hit by a car, losing one eye.

Sarah rock climber 72

Sarah climbed a rock wall!
 
Maxine waterfall 72

Downtown Chattanooga is just lovely. If you've never been there, I highly recommend a visit. The Double A Chattanooga Lookouts baseball stadium was just behind our hotel, and guess who they happened to be playing that weekend?  The Jacksonville Suns! So while Kim, Maxine, Sarah and Livvie hung out in the hotel room (I can't believe they didn't want to go!), I snuck over to the game to add another stadium to my list (I have a life long dream to visit ever major league baseball park before I die...). Down near the river around the Tennessee Aquarium is a great little series of waterplay areas for the kids (big or little!) Here's little Maxine enjoying the water.

Girls running down water stairs 72

Sarah and Livvie thoroughly enjoyed the water stairs. They were awesome! Picture the Rocky stairs with water running down them; that'll give you the scale.
 
Most importantly, we visited Aunt Livy. We had a long lunch with her on Friday before we went to Rock City, and then had an early dinner with her and my cousins on Saturday. I didn't take any pictures with Aunt Livy this year since she had just fallen earlier in the week and was pretty bruised up all over the side of her face and neck; even at 91, she still has her vanity!  She's so very fragile it breaks my heart to see her that way. But I'm so grateful to still have her in my life all these years. She turned 91 today! Click back to these posts for more Aunt Livy visits and pictures of Aunt Livy... 2011 Christmas Surprise, 2011, 2010, and 2009.  Put Aunt Livy in the search bar on the top left, and you'll find all sorts of posts that include her.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like a great time! Your girls are so mature-looking and so beautiful!

cath c said...

wonderful! i still haven't been to rock city, spent so much of my childhood passing those barn roof signs!

so maybe the red doesn't just come form benny? :) looks like it's in your genes somewhere, too.